Monday 1 September 2014

Why a blog?

I know you're wondering. I can feel your curiosity, now, right at this moment whilst I'm writing.

"Why a blog? Oh great and powerful Libby, why a blog?" Well, fellow friends of the interweb- I shall gift you with the story of why I decided to start a blog!

The Story Of Why Libby Decided To Start A Blog


Once upon a time in the majestic land of South west England, a young girl by the name of Libby was insanely bored. As she sat on her old computer chair, spinning around talking to herself in an Irish accent she wondered; what can I do to make me a bit less bored? 

Out of the blue, a green Irish pixie popped her head around Libby's bookshelf.

"You could always start a blog!" The pixie suggested. Libby contemplated this thought, what could she blog about? books? Films? Life? " You could write about online shops you enjoy looking at! Just so you can make a 'windows shopping' pun!" The pixie laughed, jumping on Libby's head.

"That's a brilliant idea, oh great and wonderful pixie! Thank you!" Libby exclaimed, flicking the pixie off of her head and diving head first into the land of blogging. 

Little did Libby know, she would make many attempts to blog; each time beginning a new blog in anticipation of it not being horrendous, and each time she would fail. Then, a few years later having given up on blogging completely, a very close friend of hers posted a link to her blog on Facebook.

"Hmm..." Libby pondered aloud, clicking on the link. "Let's see what this is all about..." As Libby scrolled through her friends blog, she felt a pang of annoyance. "Why didn't I keep on blogging! It looks like so much FUN!" She stressed, resting her head on her hand, looking like a stroppy toddler. 

Libby: What's stopping me from starting up a blog again?
Libby's internal self: Nothing.
Libby: Well what could I blog about?
Libby's internal self: Anything, it'd be your blog. Who cares?
Libby: Fabulous point, Internal Self. I shall start a blog!

So Libby threw down her bin bag (she was meant to be cleaning her room) and began her blog.

And that, my fellow friends of the interweb, is why I decided to start a blog. For no reason at all other than thinking it looked like fun! I was jolly well right too! Although creating the blog itself was a bit of a learning curve and it still doesn't look right (not sure why, any suggestions?) but I'm positively buzzing! Figuratively, not literally mind you, I'm not a bee. 

That is all for now, fellow friends of the interweb. I shall leave you with my song of the "blog". 

See you later alligator, L.

No comments:

Post a Comment