Friday 5 September 2014

Guilty Pleasures.

Last night, whilst I was binge watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians; I realized 'This is my guilty pleasure.'

Why Would I think that? Why should I feel like I should feel guilty about enjoying something? Keeping Up With The Kardashians has a bit of a reputation for being a total waste of space, and whilst I'll admit it's not the most educating or meaningful programme around- I find it enjoyable to watch.
Unless it's something problematic like stealing cars or cutting off the ears of rabbits, whatever task you find pleasure in doing; shouldn't make you feel guilty. Imagine a world where football was considered a guilty pleasure:

A World Where Football Is A Guilty Pleasure:

Me: What's your guilty pleasure?
Person: Oh, I don't really want to-
Me: No. What is your guilty pleasure.
Person: Um...Well, don't think I'm weird...But I really love to play football.
Me: No. Way! Are you SERIOUS?!
Person: Oh come on! It's not THAT bad. At least I'm not killing someone.
Me: I could deal with you killing someone, but playing football?! That's ridiculous.
Person: Well, you watch Keeping Up With The Kardashians.
Me: Keeping Up With The Kardashians is NORMAL. Everyone knows football is a stupid game.
Person: How is it stupid?
Me: You chase a ball around the field, aiming to kick it into a net. If a gust of wind blows in your face you cry and fall to the floor. What's the point in the game anyway!?
Person: To score goals?
Me: Maybe you should spend more time playing a game that will actually help you REACH  your goals and not 'score' them.


My point is: Anything and everything could be considered a guilty pleasure to someone, so why is it a concept anyway? Why do we live our lives in guilt? As individuals, we spend more time feeling guilty about the things we enjoy than we do actually participating in them. Wouldn't day-to-day life be far easier if we collectively, decide to not care about what other people think and in turn- don't judge people as much on things that they do.

What's your guilty pleasure? Whatever it is, leave a comment telling me or post it as a status, tell your friends and family, be PROUD. Ditch the guilt and flaunt your enthusiasm!

That's all for now fellow friends of the internet, I won't be posting a shelf tour today (and may not be able to for the upcoming few days!) However, you will be getting the usual daily post! I shall leave you with the song of the blog post: I want it that way by Backstreet Boys

Gotta bail whale- L

2 comments: