Sunday 28 September 2014

The Hairdressers.

Yesterday I went to the hairdressers. My dad booked me in around a month ago and yesterday morning I was SO excited; however, whilst at the hairdressers, I managed to come up with (basically) this entire blog post, so I'll shut my mouth (odd thing to say considering my mouth's not open) and get to the point!

This is a photo of the interior of my hairdressers (courtesy of Google.) It's very trendy isn't it? Very clean, white and shiny, which is fabulous however I'm an idiot and I currently have a concussion so I ended up sliding from one place to another instead of walking. 

Now, whilst at the hairdressers I realized that I'm probably the one type of customer they hate the most: The 'I'm too passive to tell you anything that isn't positive, so I'll continue to communicate in overly happy uh huh's and smiles' customer. So, what with being aforementioned customer, I decided I should share with you a list of things that happen a lot when I go to the hairdressers:

A List Of Things That Happen When I Go To The Hairdressers:

  1. When being asked if I want a drink, I will always answer 'No, thank you *smile.*' The same answer will follow 'Do you want a magazine to look at?' No, I do not- however thank you kindly for asking me.
  2. 'Is this your natural parting?' If you mean 'Is this where your hair is when you roll out of bed in the morning?' Then yes, yes it is.
  3. Ending everything with 'Okay' or 'Good'. Usually used like this: 'She'll be with you in a minute, okay?' No. It's not okay. (Seriously, even if it wasn't okay I don't think I'd be able to tell you, so it's fine that she'll be with me in a minute.)
  4. The hair wash. Now, this is a total dilemma- So much so, I'm going to include a list within a list:

The Hair Wash: A List Within A List:

  1. The awkward neck angle, it's fabulous to begin with but then it HURTS. I'm talking about chronic neck pain. Not only that but what am I meant to be looking at? Why can't they have built in TV screens attached to the ceiling? Or abstract works of art? Write a poem on the ceiling! Anything that means I'm not counting the number of lights in the ceiling.
  2. 'Is this temperature okay for you?' Usually it's fine but I cannot imagine myself telling the lovely person 'No. It's painfully hot.' Obviously, I'd HAVE to if I was verging on tears but otherwise I think I'd keep my mouth shut.
  3. When the water decides to run along the side of your ear and down your neck. This means that I have to conceal my laughter. IT TICKLES. 
  4. Having Flynn Rider (Aka, Eugene Fitzherbert) give you a head massage. Now, having my head massaged is an intimate experience- nobody other than me is allowed to fondle my hair follicles. So having someone who looks like my favourite Disney prince:


Crossed with Petesjams (Youtuber):


Was extremely distracting. Although, I did enjoy the head massage (does wonders for concussions!)

At the end of my trip to the hairdressers I was VERY pleased with the outcome and no doubt, I did enjoy my time there; the staff were friendly and attentive, the hair cleaning products (didn't want to limit it to shampoo) all smell lovely and they definitely gave me what I wanted, which is what we want from a hairdressers really isn't it!?

That's all for now my fellow friends of the interweb! I shall leave you with todays songs of the post: I See The Light (Tangled Cover) By Petesjams and Carriehopefletcher and Hellfire from The Hunchback of Notre Dam (I thought I'd treat you to two songs today! Note the Disney theme.)

Till then penguin- L

No comments:

Post a Comment