Monday 19 January 2015

Optimism

Hello fellow friends of the internet! I'm here today with a post that I've been meaning to write since October.

If you cast your mind back to the 2nd of October, I posted a post (opposed to doing anything else with a post eh?) called "Pessimism." That was a sort of tongue in cheek post aimed at my friend Charlie. A few weeks after that I ended up talking to a family friend (Charlie's mum and luckily for me, my drama teacher) and she inspired me to write this post!

I say 'inspired me' for a reason, you see The Queen (Her nickname, not sure who knows that it's her nickname but move over Beyonce) is a very inspirational person. She's the main reason that I actually started to enjoy Drama and went on to take it as a GCSE. As a teacher she (seems to be at least) very passionate about what she teaches and this in turn causes you to be infected by her optimism! It's like an illness you actually want to catch.


Not only is her passion for drama infectious but I think she's just an infectious person. She's not yanno, a disease because that would be weird and a massive insult, she can spread happiness at a 100 mile radius. She's a brilliant listener, she's funny and attentive and people at school respect her. Honestly, I think she's one of the main clogs of making our school work (she's the glue ) and that's probably why I tend to refer to her as The Queen!

I love Sheldon Cooper

 But luckily enough for anyone who knows her personally (and generally) everyone else around her, outside of school she still manages to be the uplifting, merry and lovely lady as per usual. I may be going of on a tangent but in my Leibster Award post, I think I mentioned Hannah and her mum (Hello to you.) Now, The Queen and...Oh no....I haven't got a nickname...Can there be two Queens? If I type "The Queens" are people going to think of something other than Beyonce...We'll go with it. Now, The Queen coincidentally happens to be friends with The Other Queen. Now, I've decided that this is because they're both fabulously inspirational and jolly people (tangent over.)

Now, Stormydoos, happened to nominate me for The Leibster Award also, so I'll answer her questions on this post (because I'd feel bad if I didn't!)

1) Most embarrassing thing to happen to you? I said 'daughter in law' instead of 'step daughter'. Mortifying.

2) Best trick ever played on someone? It was a little year 6 type of date (to KFC, so romantic.) The boy dropped a box of something, bent over whilst sat on his chair to pick it up, so I tipped the chair over on top of him. He's not very nice so totally deserved it.

3) Most stupid thing you've ever done? Muchos difficult question to answer. There are different scales of stupid. The KFC incident mentioned above is stupid but so's getting your hair caught in someone's glasses whilst you're hugging them and then ripping them off of their face.

4) Amount of sleep you get on average every night? Probably 8 hours of disturbed and unfulfilling sleep.

5) Do you have any middle names? If so what are they? My middle name is Sophie. After my nans middle name. Keepin' her happy.

6) Do you have any pets, if so what are they? I have a three legged cat called Saffy (Safi? Saffie? Nobody knows.) And a 7 month old lady dog (good try) called Rue.

7) Favourite thing to do in your spare time? I like to *mumbles* watch Top Gear specials.

8) How do you come up for the content of your blog? If I have an idea, I'll save it with a title and get around to writing it at some point! Or I'll look at other blogs and sometimes that will give me inspiration. It tends to come from my own random head to be honest!

9) Fvourite subject at school? I like History/Drama/Geography. Not necessarily in that order (depending on my mood really, but they're defiantly my top 3.)


To round up this very disfunctional post: The Queen (Charlie's mum) is a wonderful person. We were joking about me writing this post in October, little did she know, I actually thought it was a good idea. Since October I've become good friends with Hannah and met The Other Queen (Hannah's mum) who is also a wonderful person and deserves a special mention in this post. Like I said, this is now an incoherent post where I've just typed straight from my head and not thought about paragraphing or anything (I'm currently ill. Blame it on that.)

That's all for now my fellow friends of the interweb. Today's song of the post is: Dancing Queen by Abba

Until next time- L

No comments:

Post a Comment