Sunday 19 October 2014

Friends.

Hello! I apologize for leaving you for so long, but as I've mentioned before I only want to blog about things when I feel like doing it otherwise, this will feel like more of a chore and less of a hobby! I'm in the mood for a bit of a chatty/long blog post today so be prepared for badly formed sentences and appalling spelling. In other words, get a cup of tea because I'm not planning on holding back at all.

As you may have gathered from the title, today's post is about friends. Personally I have issues trusting people; so all of my friends have been hand picked with care. Oddly enough, I've found friends in people I wouldn't have thought I would ever call a friend. Even more than that; I've become really close friends with people that I never thought I would consider a friend.

As much as I'd LOVE to name and shame my friends (trust me I thought about it) I'd end up forgetting someone and that's not cool so I'm just going to have to hope that you know who you are! Considering I'm shuffling through a rough patch life wise at the moment, the one thing I think I've needed most is support and I'm SO thankful to have a brilliant group of friends behind me.

Some of my friends understand what I'm going through and have experienced it themselves, some know my "deepest and darkest" secrets (although I'm a very dull person so none of my secrets are very deep and dark.) I have friends that let me use their Netflix account and friends that I've been camping with.

Recently (By recently I mean on Thursday) I went to the cinema with two friends to watch Annabelle. (Warning: it's a horror movie, I don't want to be responsible for any younger people scaring themselves.) It was fabulous and I thoroughly enjoyed myself but (get to the point Libby.) I came to the conclusion that without those friends, or without friends in general- wouldn't life be dull? I don't want to go to the cinema alone, or go camping alone or dance to I'm Sexy and I know it on a bridge alone!

Everyone likes some time to themselves of course but don't friends make life so much more enjoyable? Have you ever nearly peed yourself whilst with a friends because something ridiculous just happened? Have you ever taken long walks with your friends just because you want to talk? When was the last time you told your friends that you appreciate them?

As horribly cheesy as it sounds, I was in a maths lesson the other day having an utter existential crisis and my friend was sat next to me giving me ideas for what I could do to solve my problem blah-blah-blah and I suddenly felt overwhelmed with appreciation for this person.

She didn't have to help me out, she didn't have to use up brain power to help me come up with solutions, she could have just left me to my own devices and sort it out by myself but she didn't. Instead she actually took the time to help me out and I appreciate her for that (she knows so too because I told her so in the lesson.)

I dedicate this blog post to all of my friends, to those of you who have: spent time with me, brought me food, share an inside joke with me and those who have calmed me down when I've been a little too emotional. Most importantly, I would like you to know that I appreciate you and I love you (Ohh she went there) because you're all brilliant and life would be very dull without you,

That's all for today my fellow friends of the interweb! I shall leave you with this posts song of the day: Centuries by Fall Out Boy

Till next time- L

No comments:

Post a Comment