Wednesday 5 November 2014

Fireworks

Hello again my fellow friends of the interweb! I'm here today with a bit of a spur of the moment post! Due to where I live, I'm fortunate enough to not need to pay for fireworks to see them because I live on a hill and can therefore see everyone else's for free! The joy!

Today in England is Bonfire night! For those who don't know, bonfire night is where we celebrate a bloke called Guy Fawkes who tried to blow up Parliament! The fireworks represent the gunpowder and sometimes people will make a slightly satanic looking bloke and burn him (Sounds worse than it is!) However, most people enjoy firework displays and bonfires!

I have realized that I (for some unknown reason) really love fireworks. I was stood outside on my decking, admiring the free fireworks like a child. (My favourite fireworks are the "Glittery fairy thingies" if anyone was curious.)

I find that fireworks are used to mark something significant, the beginning of a new year, at an opening event,  a bloke trying to blow up the king- all of these things are important and I think that's why it resonates with me. I love the atmosphere of togetherness that they create, I love the colours and the noise! They just generally bring me joy and transport me back to the times where I could scream at things and it would be cute and not considered weird or bratty!


This video, made me cry when I watched it! That's the power that fireworks have over me. Any significant event in my life-expect to see fireworks!

That's all for now! I shall leave you with today's song of the post: Don't Stop Believin' By Journey (the live version because why not?)

Catch ya soon-L

1 comment:

  1. Fireworks can be soo prettyy! Love your blog by the way xx

    ReplyDelete